Saturday, December 3, 2011

Where are we going

It's been to long.  Life since my last post is indescribable.  On Tuesday November 22nd 2011, my life as I knew it changed.  Abel Seth Nichols my son, passed on.  The last couple weeks have passed in what has felt like the blink of an eye.  Our family has been engulfed in love and prayer making the events that much easier.  We will always love, honor and carry Abel with us, as we always have just in a different way now.
When I started this blog I thought it was going to take on a very different direction, than it has so far.  I feel that it is going to be a very eclectic mix, of the things.  Please be patient with me while I figure out where all is going. However,  people have mentioned they'd like to see me incorporate some of my recipes and daily life tools I use that are helpful to me.  So here is a couple...
1. We have terribly hard water.  To keep it from excessively building up and staining in the washer and dishwasher I have found that 1/2 cup or so of Borax dumped with your soap as they are running seems to really do the trick.  Borax is a natural and safe alternative to traditional chemicals and as an added bonus it's cheap.
2. To help in keeping water spots off your dishes in the dishwasher, instead of Jet Dry simply poor straight vinegar into the Jet Dry dispenser part of your dishwasher.  Again this is safe, inexpensive and easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment